Monday, July 9, 2012

Radioactive Spidermanwoman

I mog A LOT on my priest. So every day I make sure I browse the AH for cloth chests. Usually it's the same old same old, but that doesn't stop me browsing, waiting for the day when a little gem appears.

 

Chest: Venomshroud Silk Robes (Identical to Hibernal Robe, the one you are more likely to see)
Shoulder: Crimson Acolyte Shoulderpads (priest-only)
Belt: Ruthless Gladiator's Cord of Accuracy (purchasable with honor points)
Shirt: Green Martial Shirt (purchased from vendor in Dalaran)

I never knew about these robes until my husband had their twin drop in Stratholme on one of his mount farming runs. And, oh, I wanted them! But I also knew what a nice price they would fetch. I closed my eyes, bit my lip, and told him to go ahead and put them on the AH. (He sold them for 10k.) Two days later, in my daily browse, I found mine - for 42g. You can imagine how quickly I purchased them.

I include the shirt for several reasons: the sleeves are black, making the green lacing down the arms stand out, it gives a nice trim around the collar, and it makes the back look like a corset.


I'm a pretty big advocate for farming items, especially when the items are rarely-to-never-seen on the AH (you can check to see when the last time an item appeared on your sever's AH via TheUndermineJournal), but that doesn't stop me from checking when I'm in the city taking a break.

Last week, I undertook the challenge of acquiring the Jade set for someone. The biggest challenge here for me was the chest. Not seen on the AH for three months, low droprate, not farmable from an instance. I spent a lot of time in Winterspring, then in Un'Goro. I camped a toon in front of Gruff's spawn point, hoping to get lucky in one of my kills. I logged in this morning, checked the AH for the Jade Breastplate, and then hopped onto my camper toon just as a quester in the zone is killing it. I cried on his shoulder and asked what dropped. Not the item I was after, but some cute shoulders I told him to sell for a nice amount. I went back to the city and began my toonhopping to post auctions for the day. At the end of it, I searched the AH for the Jade Breastplate... lo and behold, there it was, for 10g, posted by that quester out in Un'Goro. THANKS, MATE! XD

The lesson here? Browse the AH. Especially if there is something you are after, even if it hasn't been on the AH in a while. Set up alerts if you have the addons or sites for that sort of thing (I don't). Because eventually that item is due back up. In the meantime... there's always farming!


No comments:

Post a Comment